Friday, October 10, 2014

Tinolang Manok sa Zucchini



Tinolang Manok sa Zucchini. I was craving for chiken tinola but I cannot find papaya or sayote at the supermarket, I thought zucchini would be a good alternative. This is not the first time that I used zucchini on some of my Pinoy Dishes. I even have a version of pinakbet using zucchini as one of the vegetable ingredients.






Please note that zucchini cooks quickly and becomes really soft and mushy when overcooked, I suggest that to add the zucchini at the end of cooking do not overcooked it should still be crisp.






I have also used some baby spinach in addition to the zucchini. Cooking is straight forward, it is basically the same with my tinola recipes in the archives.



Tinolang Manok with Sotanghon

Tinolang Manok sa Patola

Tinolang Manok sa Ampalaya

Tinolang Manok sa Papaya

Chicken with Ampalaya Tendrils and Sotanghon

Chicken Binakol

Chicken Halang Halang



Here is the recipe of my Tinolang Manok sa Zucchini.





Ingredients:



1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces, bone in

4-6 zucchini, cut into wedges

150 g baby spinach

2-3 thumb size ginger, skinned, cut into strips

1/2 head garlic, peeled, crushed, chopped

1 medium size onion, peeled, chopped

3-5 pcs. long green chili

1 tsp. peppercorns

1/4 cup fish sauce

1 tsp. sugar

salt

cooking oil








Cooking procedure:



In a large sauce pan sauté garlic, onion and ginger until fragrant, add in the chicken and stir cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the fish sauce and stir cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in 4 to 6 cups of water, add in the peppercorns bring to boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Then add in the sugar, long green chili and zucchini simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini are just cooked. Correct saltiness if required, add in the baby spinach and cook for another 1 minute. Serve hot.














0 comments:

Post a Comment