Thursday, July 9, 2015

Minions Cookies



The Minions film is out this weekend - I haven't seen it but I loved them in Despicable Me and the sequel, so much so that my boyfriend bought me a cuddly Minion toy and the unicorn (It's so fluffy!) at different times.

I couldn't resist buying this cookie kit for just £1 from Iceland; I don't usually buy packet mixes so I was curious to see how it turned out. You get a bag of shortbread mixture, to which you only have to add 20g butter or marg; a packet of icing sugar that looks white but turns yellow as soon as you add water, and a packet of rice paper decorations - eyes and mouths.



It couldn't be simpler to make up the packet mix, but you only get a tiny amount of dough - enough for just six cookies. I got seven as my cutter was slightly smaller than the recommended size.




They only take 10 minutes to cook in the oven; when they have cooled, decorate with the yellow icing. Mine was ever so slightly too runny so it spilled over the sides a bit. When the icing is still tacky add the edible decorations.


These would be really fun to make with kids and I had hoped to make these with my boyfriend's nephews while we were babysitting but I hadn't realised they were only allowed a certain amount of treats - which they'd already had with their grandmother by the time I got there- and I didn't want to be told off for filling them with sugar! So I made them myself at home and my boyfriend polished them off after dinner. Not quite as grown up as after-dinner mints but a lot more fun!



0 comments:

Post a Comment