Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Spiralized Sweet Potato Waffles



I got a Spiralizer for my birthday and bought myself a recipe book called Inspiralized to go with it. A spiralizer lets you turn fruit and vegetables into spaghetti-like strands which can be used in a whole host of different ways. I liked the sound of this recipe for sweet potato waffles though I wasn't sure how well it would turn out, but I can say that the recipe was a success!

The recipe can be found online here at Food Republic; I changed it by serving the waffles with Greek yogurt, honey and fresh peaches rather than blueberries and maple syrup.

First peel and spiralize a sweet potato: this is enough for one waffle.


This is what the sweet potato ends up like:


 
Mix the sweet potato noodles with a teaspoon of cinnamon and heat some Fry Light (spray oil) in a frying pan. Add the noodles and put a lid on the pan; heat for five minutes until the noodles have softened.
  

Preheat a waffle maker. Mix the noodles with a beaten egg and a dash of vanilla and shape so it fits into the waffle maker. Close the lid and cook until it has cooked and is crispy on the outside.


This is the waffle once it is cooked


I ate mine with Greek yogurt, honey and peaches, which was delicious.


 I'm sending this to Simply Eggcellent hosted by Dom at Belleau Kitchen as the theme this month is breakfast dishes using eggs.


I'm also sending this to Extra Veg, hosted by Michelle at Utterly Scrummy and Helen at Fuss Free Flavours.


0 comments:

Post a Comment