Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer Fun Birthday Card



When I was card making last Saturday I took inspiration from some of the crafting blog challenges that I'd come across. One of them had the theme of flip flops and I knew I had a pack of beach-themed stickers somewhere so decided to hunt them out.

I used a yellow card blank to represent the beach, and began by sticking on the felt stickers that I had left in the pack - a bikini, pair of flip flops, beach umbrella and a bucket and spade. I wanted the wording to be similarly bright and bold and found I had the right letters left in a packet (where I had already used some up) to spell the word 'fun'. As the letters were quite large there wouldn't have been room to write a much longer word anyway!

The card was still lacking something - lacking a lot actually as it looked like a plain card with some stickers added randomly - which is pretty much what I had done! I found a mini rubber stamp with a sun and dotted that all over the card. It still needed something to bring all the elements together and I found I had a few pieces of a coloured border sticker left in a couple of different patterns so I added that around the edges of the card. I was much more pleased with the final result!

I'm sending this to the Fairytale Challenge which has a flip flops theme this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment