Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mango, Papaya & Passionfruit Yogurt Gluten-Free Cookies



I like to bake things to take into work but we are a pretty small team which, combined with the fact that I’m on a pre-wedding diet, means I’m not really making a lot of cakes for work. But recently I’ve heard a few people say they must remember to buy some biscuits to bring in or something so I thought it was a good excuse to bake. I remembered at 10pm one evening that we had a team meeting the next day so decided to do something very quick and simple, which also had to be gluten free for one of my colleagues.

 
I still had some Onken mango, papaya and passionfruit yogurt left from this fruity yogurt brulee
and wondered if you could put yogurt into cookies, since you can put it into cake. Turns out you can! I created my own recipe using basic ingredients plus the yogurt and they turned out well, though they were absolutely huge and looked more like rock cakes than cookies – they actually have a very cakey texture which is not quite what I was expecting but was really nice. The only gluten-free flour I had was self raising so I wondered if it would have been better using plain and I would have ended up with flat cookies, but I do actually like the way these turned out. These are great straight from the oven and also really good for breakfast!
 
Soft and fruity yogurt cookies – an original recipe by Caroline Makes
 
1 and ¼ cups gluten free self-raising flour
¾ cup caster sugar
1/3 cup Onken mango, papaya and passionfruit yogurt (or any other flavour)
50g butter or marg, softened
1 egg
 
Preheat oven to 180C. Mix the flour and sugar and stir in the yogurt. Then beat in the butter and the egg until you have a sticky dough.

 
 
Line a baking sheet with baking paper and place spoonfuls of the dough onto the paper, flattening them slightly. If you do them as big as I did you will have huge cookies, but then one of these and a cup of tea makes a very nice breakfast!


Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the size - they should look baked but still be slightly soft.


 
I’m sharing these soft and fruity yogurt cookies with Alphabakes, the blog challenge I co-host with Ros of The More Than Occasional Baker as the letter I have chosen is Y.

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment