Pancakes are great for breakfast - or lunch, or dessert. But particularly if you want something different for breakfast.
I was on business in Islington a little while ago and visiting a supplier but I was a bit early so decided to get some breakfast somewhere nice. I was passing Crepe Affaire and the fast casual appearance appealed to me - it's more like a café than a restaurant but with plenty of tables and waiter service after you've ordered at the counter.
They have sweet and savoury crepes and a separate breakfast section that has other items like porridge and eggs Florentine. But I was there for the pancakes - it had to be savoury rather than sweet at that time of the morning. There were some delicious and quite interesting flavours, on a whole spectrum from ham and cheese through to Mexican chicken with salsa, guacamole, cheddar and chilli sauce. I had one with goat's cheese, apple butter, red onion, spinach and walnuts, which was delicious. The prices are very reasonable with a lot of the pancakes under £5 - definitely somewhere good for breakfast or an inexpensive lunch!
clicksor_enable_inter = true; clicksor_maxad = -1;
clicksor_hourcap = -1; clicksor_showcap = 2;
clicksor_enable_adhere = false;
//default pop-under house ad url
clicksor_enable_pop = true; clicksor_frequencyCap = -1;
durl = '';clicksor_mobile_redirect = false;
//default banner house ad url
clicksor_default_url = '';
clicksor_banner_border = '#fec700'; clicksor_banner_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF';
clicksor_banner_link_color = '#000000'; clicksor_banner_text_color = '#666666';
clicksor_banner_image_banner = false; clicksor_banner_text_banner = false;
clicksor_layer_border_color = '#fec700';
clicksor_layer_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF'; clicksor_layer_ad_link_color = '#000000';
clicksor_layer_ad_text_color = '#666666'; clicksor_text_link_bg = '';
clicksor_text_link_color = ''; clicksor_enable_text_link = false;
This was both the most memorable meal of my life, and the most forgettable, because I can barely recall what I ate (though luckily for this ...
Part 2 of my travel review of the Galapagos islands, where we were based out of the Finch Bay Eco hotel in Santa Cruz. Puerto Ayora, Santa...
These cupcakes taste just like the real thing - like you are eating tiramisu! I made them for a family party with my in-laws; my mother-...
Did you know that the average family in the UK throws away £60 worth of food and drink every month? That sounds like a huge amount, but...
The Hobbycraft press show - another Christmas in July event - was much smaller than some of the others I've been to, but much more fun ...
Sometimes you want a proper dessert but really quickly - something that you can literally put together in five minutes after dinner. Mug cak...
I got the Sizzix Big Shot Plus machine for Christmas – which I imagine a good proportion of you have never heard of. It’s a die cutting ...
It was a year ago this month that my boyfriend and I bought and moved into our lovely house. We spent a couple of months working all-out...
After spending a fantastic few days of our honeymoon in Miami, we flew on to Quito, the capital of Ecuador. Our final destination would be 8...
I love fruit-flavoured ice cream, but not flavours like strawberry - I like more unusual, zingy flavours like apple. When I lived in Germa...
- Restaurant Review: The White Hart, Chipstead
- Meal Planning Monday Week 10
- Sweet Potato Soup with Pomegranate and Sumac
- Mardi Gras King Cake
- Alphabakes Round-up February 2016: Y
- USA Travel Review: Chicago Part 3
- Bundle of Joy Baby Card
- Stencilling a design on a cake
- Meal Planning Monday Week 9
- Love Food Hate Waste: Food Diary Project and Tips
- Spiralized Vegetable Pad Thai
- Restaurant Review: Jamies Wine Bar, Bishopsgate, L...
- Meat Free Monday: Fettuccine Alfredo (sort of) wit...
- Mango, Papaya & Passionfruit Yogurt Gluten-Free Co...
- Restaurant Review: The Whispering Moon Wetherspoon...
- Meal Planning Monday Week 8
- Chocolate Brownie Valentine's Cake with Stencilled...
- Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream Truffles
- Cow Valentine's Card
- How to Paint Flowers on a Cake
- Love Cows Valentine's Card
- Fruity Yogurt Brulee Two Ways
- Meal Planning Monday: Week 7
- Snapfish Personalised Photo Placemats for Valentin...
- Spiralized Sweet Potato 'Pizza'
- Sugar flowers: how to make sweet peas
- Restaurant Review: Crepe Affaire, Islington
- Less Sinful Chocolate Yule Log or Swss Roll
- USA Travel Review: Chicago Part 2
- Alphabakes - February 2016
- Meal Planning Monday Week 6
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2015 (266)
- ► 2014 (120)
Powered by Blogger.