Thursday, February 4, 2016

Restaurant Review: Crepe Affaire, Islington

Pancakes are great for breakfast - or lunch, or dessert. But particularly if you want something different for breakfast.

I was on business in Islington a little while ago and visiting a supplier but I was a bit early so decided to get some breakfast somewhere nice. I was passing Crepe Affaire and the fast casual appearance appealed to me - it's more like a café than a restaurant but with plenty of tables and waiter service after you've ordered at the counter.


They have sweet and savoury crepes and a separate breakfast section that has other items like porridge and eggs Florentine. But I was there for the pancakes - it had to be savoury rather than sweet at that time of the morning. There were some delicious and quite interesting flavours, on a whole spectrum from ham and cheese through to Mexican chicken with salsa, guacamole, cheddar and chilli sauce. I had one with goat's cheese, apple butter, red onion, spinach and walnuts, which was delicious. The prices are very reasonable with a lot of the pancakes under £5 - definitely somewhere good for breakfast or an inexpensive lunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment