Saturday, February 20, 2016

Spiralized Vegetable Pad Thai


I love the idea of adding spiralized vegetables to a ‘normal’ recipe – they work really well in stir-fries particularly if you don’t like a lot of the veg that you get in stir-fry packet mixes or would normally add to the pan, like beansprouts, mange tout or mini corn on the cob. You can spiralize all sorts of veg you wouldn’t normally add to a stir fry to add some bulk and make sure you get an extra portion of your 5 a day!
 
My future mother-in-law came round for dinner this week and whenever we eat at hers we have a Thai takeaway, and we both always order a Pad Thai - chicken and prawn for me, and vegetable for her.
 
As I made a really good Pad Thai not long before I decided to use the same recipe again. This time however I left out the beansprouts (which are a key ingredient I know!) as my MIL doesn't like them, and put in some mange tout that she does like. I then got out my spiralizer and spiralized some carrot, butternut squash and mooli (a veg from the radish family I discovered recently).
 
 
I cooked the butternut squash first as I thought it would take longer, then the mooli and the carrot. I cooked some chicken pieces separately for me and some tofu for my MIL and added these into the plates at the end. With the delicious Pad Thai sauce, some noodles and a sprinkling of chopped peanut over the top it made a delicious meal.
 
 
I'm entering this into the Spiralizer Saturday challenge I an running each month. Link up your own Spiralizer recipes!
 
 
I'm also sending this to Meat Free Mondays hosted by Jacqueline at Tinned Tomatoes, and to Extra Veg, hosted by Michelle at Utterly Scrummy and Helen at Fuss Free Flavours.
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment